What is Photo Therapy? (or Photo Art Therapy)
- Using a camera or photographs as an agent of personal change and growth.
- Encourages self expression.
- No experience or understanding of photography is required.
- Useful for clients who have blocks to traditional art therapy or don’t want to draw.
- Through creating or viewing photographs we project unconscious information emerging from deep within ourselves and great insights are made.
- Taking photographs helps you explore issues you want to work on in therapy.
- Uses various exercises like-Self-Portrait Exercises for healing and growth.
- Helps work through pain and improve self esteem and self confidence
- Can be quite a contemplative and peaceful practice.
As a trained art therapist and professional photographer with 15 years experience, I can help you use photography to experience healing and insight. The camera can be like your own “third eye” and controlling it to take images of your choice can be a very powerful therapeutic tool. Art and therapy are inextricably interwoven, and opening yourself up to creativity can remove internal blocks and barriers.
Contact me to book a session now.